In a previous blogpost I wrote about how you could use HIS2016 together with BizTalk 2013R2 (on Windows Server 2012R2) in order to use the MQSC adapter with IBM WebSphere MQ9.
This post is about upgrading an existing configured BizTalk 2013R2 environment without removing your current (port) configuration. By reading this description you should already know that this involves some “manual” actions…
These are the steps I followed to upgrade an already configured BizTalk 2013R2 with lots of MQSC SendPorts/ReceiveLocations where I didn’t want to remove all the current binding configuration (wich is what you need to do if you want to remove an adapter and follow the normal installation path…).
Before you start
- Make sure everything is backed-up correctly
- Stop everything: host-instances, SQL jobs, SSO,..
Uninstall the old
- Uninstall the currently installed IBM MQ Client
- Remove the MQSC COM+ Application
- Uninstall HIS2013 (but don’t unconfigure anything, just leave the MQSC adapter untouched)
Uninstall MQSC COM+ Application: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exe /u "%snaroot%\Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC.dll"
Install the new
- Install .NET 4.6.2 (.NET 4.6 is a minimal requirement for HIS 2016)
- Install HIS 2016 (no configuration, more details here)
- Install IBM MQ Client 184.108.40.206 (64 Bit)
- Install HIS 2016 CU2
The “manual” part
- Update the MQSC Adapter info in the BizTalkMgmtDb “Adapter” table
- Update the AssemblyVersion in InboundTypeName/OutboundTypeName columns to the newer version.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SELECT * FROM [BizTalkMgmtDb].[dbo].[adm_Adapter] where name like 'MQSC' New InboundTypeName: Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.MqscReceiver, Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC, Version=10.0.1000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Custom=null New OutboundTypeName: Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.MqscTransmitter, Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC, Version=10.0.1000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Custom=null
- Register the MQSC COM+ Application
Install MQSC COM+ Application: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exe "%snaroot%\Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC.dll"
- Reboot your server(s)
This worked for a running setup at my current customer. I cannot give you any garantees this will work on your envirenment! Always test this kinds of upgrades before applying this in your production environment!